CHATHAM REPUBLICAN PARTY
Chatham County Republicans acknowledge our God-given rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. To that end, we are dedicated to protecting the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the NC State Constitution.
We support the right to freedom of religion, speech and self-defense. We recognize that property rights and capitalism have improved the human condition. We support free and fair elections where every citizen entitled to vote gets one full vote and has confidence in the election process.
We support candidates who strive to uphold our platform of fostering job creation, championing education excellence, balancing environmental stewardship with property rights and economic growth, and holding elected officials accountable to Chatham County residents.
We understand that sometimes compromise is needed to advance our vision of governance, but we expect our elected officials to keep their election promises to voters.
NEW! CHATHAM GOP COUNTY CONVENTION
The Chatham County Republican Party convention will be March 18 at 08:30 AM in the George Moses Horton School gymnasium. In general, you must be a registered Republican as of January 31, 2023 in order to be a voting delegate at the convention. You must attend the county convention in order to be a voting delegate at the district or state conventions.
To register for the Chatham Convention, please go here: https://secure.winred.com/ccgop-ec60b911/convention23. Registration will close on March 16 at noon.
There will be no on-site registration: everyone must pre-register.
Date and location of the 9th District Convention is still being worked.
Hold the date for the North Carolina State Convention - June 9-10 in Greensboro. Details on registration will be available soon.
A huge thanks to everyone who voted in the 2022 mid-term election. Not all results were what we hoped, however the most important race on the ballot - the two North Carolina Supreme Court elections were both won by conservative and constitutional justices, ensuring a 5 - 2 conservative majority on the highest court in North Carolina. They will have important decisions regarding redistricting, school funding, voter ID and other issues in the coming months.
And a huge congratulations to Senator (elect) Ted Budd and Congressman Richard Hudson!
CHATHAM COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM
The Solution is You – The CCGOP recognizes and believes the most important solutions to Chatham County challenges are local and not found in Raleigh and Washington.
The CCGOP believes that we should:
Foster private-sector job creation
Align County resources to support a pro-job, pro-growth
- Support existing businesses and attract new businesses through a competitive tax structure and reasonable regulations.
- Align County resources to support a pro-job, pro-growth
Champion education excellence with policies that put students first
- Insist upon a “student success” focus from our school leaders.
- Promote school choice to include charter, private, and home school expansion.
- Leverage the community college system so that students have the skill sets to compete in today’s marketplace and for advancing in higher education.
Balance environmental stewardship with individual property rights and economic growth
- Act as good stewards of Chatham’s natural resources while respecting its citizens, their personal liberty, their property rights, and their basic responsibility to provide for themselves and their families.
- Make decisions based on objective information, scientific data, and moral values.
Hold elected officials accountable to Chatham County residents
- Keep their election promises for a pro-job, pro-growth, pro-business County economy.
- Manage taxpayers’ dollars responsibly and with fiscal prudence.
- Execute governance that protects the freedom and independence of all constituents, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or creed.
Interested in more information?
Sign up for our Chair's newsletters. Send an email to [email protected]
Please consider donating time: we have a list of volunteer positions at this website. https://forms.gle/ttmEchaMC89zdUFRA
Everyone in the Chatham GOP is a volunteer. Please consider donating funds at this website: https://secure.winred.com/ccgop-ec60b911/ccgop
Questions? Comments? Send them to [email protected].
"The IRS does not allow contributions to the Chatham GOP to be deducted as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes."