CHATHAM REPUBLICAN PARTY
Chatham County Republicans acknowledge our God-given rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. To that end, we are dedicated to protecting the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the NC State Constitution.
We support the right to freedom of religion, speech and self-defense. We recognize that property rights and capitalism have improved the human condition. We support free and fair elections where every citizen entitled to vote gets one full vote and has confidence in the election process.
We support candidates who strive to uphold our platform of fostering job creation, championing education excellence, balancing environmental stewardship with property rights and economic growth, and holding elected officials accountable to Chatham County residents.
We understand that sometimes compromise is needed to advance our vision of governance, but we expect our elected officials to keep their election promises to voters.
CHATHAM GOP HEADQUARTERS
Please come visit our headquarters at 189-B Thompson Street in Pittsboro. Open Weekdays (and some Saturdays) 10am - 3pm.
REAGAN DAY DINNER 2021
Our Reagan Day dinner has become one of our best events each year, and this year will continue that tradition with our keynote speaker, Russ Vought. Here is a link to one of his current efforts against Critical Race Theory and here is a link to his organization, the Center for Renewing America.
To become a sponsor or to purchase a ticket to this important event,
visit this ▶︎ link ◀︎
HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH
The Hispanic community has enriched so much of the state of North Carolina. This month, we recognize the achievements and contributions of the community as we celebrate alongside them.
!Feliz Mes de la Herencia Hispana!
La comunidad hispana ha enriquecido mucho el estado de Carolina del Norte. Es por eso que en este mes queremos reconocer esos logros y celebrar con ellos tan impórtante contribución.
Primary elections are only eight months away, in March 2022. These are important, because they select who will run as Republicans (or Democrats) for the general election in November of 2022. Several individuals have already stepped forward to be our next US Senator, but that is not the only position: we need good candidates for Chatham County board of commissioners and school board. It's up to 'we the people' to ensure our voices are heard. If at all interested in running or finding our more please send an email to [email protected]/
CHATHAM COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM
The Solution is You – The CCGOP recognizes and believes the most important solutions to Chatham County challenges are local and not found in Raleigh and Washington.
The CCGOP believes that we should:
Foster private-sector job creation
Align County resources to support a pro-job, pro-growth
- Support existing businesses and attract new businesses through a competitive tax structure and reasonable regulations.
- Align County resources to support a pro-job, pro-growth
Champion education excellence with policies that put students first
- Insist upon a “student success” focus from our school leaders.
- Promote school choice to include charter, private, and home school expansion.
- Leverage the community college system so that students have the skill sets to compete in today’s marketplace and for advancing in higher education.
Balance environmental stewardship with individual property rights and economic growth
- Act as good stewards of Chatham’s natural resources while respecting its citizens, their personal liberty, their property rights, and their basic responsibility to provide for themselves and their families.
- Make decisions based on objective information, scientific data, and moral values.
Hold elected officials accountable to Chatham County residents
- Keep their election promises for a pro-job, pro-growth, pro-business County economy.
- Manage taxpayers’ dollars responsibly and with fiscal prudence.
- Execute governance that protects the freedom and independence of all constituents, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or creed.
Interested in more information?
Sign up for our Chair's newsletters. Send an email to [email protected]
"The IRS does not allow contributions to the Chatham GOP to be deducted as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes."