Our latest newsletter can be viewed here.
CHATHAM REPUBLICAN PARTY
Chatham County Republicans acknowledge our God-given rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. To that end, we are dedicated to protecting the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the NC State Constitution.
We support the right to freedom of religion, speech and self-defense. We recognize that property rights and capitalism have improved the human condition. We support free and fair elections where every citizen entitled to vote gets one full vote and has confidence in the election process.
We support candidates who strive to uphold our platform of fostering job creation, championing education excellence, balancing environmental stewardship with property rights and economic growth, and holding elected officials accountable to Chatham County residents.
We understand that sometimes compromise is needed to advance our vision of governance, but we expect our elected officials to keep their election promises to voters.
2023 Convention Results
First - a huge thanks to everyone who attended the Chatham Republican Party convention on Saturday. We had a good turnout, we heard from candidates, we listened to keynote speeches, we voted on resolutions, and we elected our officers and executive committee members.
Here are the Chatham County GOP officers for the next two years.
Chair: Terry Schmidt
1st Vice Chair: Greg Preston
2nd Vice Chair: Joe Godfrey
Secretary: Mike Marino
Treasurer: Gayle Daniel
Six resolutions were approved by the convention.
Keep the US Supreme Court limited to 9 members
Close Republican Primaries in North Carolina
Conduct NCGOP party business on Saturdays at the Convention
Request President Biden take action to defeat the fentanyl crisis
CHATHAM COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM
The Solution is You – The CCGOP recognizes and believes the most important solutions to Chatham County challenges are local and not found in Raleigh and Washington.
The CCGOP believes that we should:
Foster private-sector job creation
Align County resources to support a pro-job, pro-growth
- Support existing businesses and attract new businesses through a competitive tax structure and reasonable regulations.
- Align County resources to support a pro-job, pro-growth
Champion education excellence with policies that put students first
- Insist upon a “student success” focus from our school leaders.
- Promote school choice to include charter, private, and home school expansion.
- Leverage the community college system so that students have the skill sets to compete in today’s marketplace and for advancing in higher education.
Balance environmental stewardship with individual property rights and economic growth
- Act as good stewards of Chatham’s natural resources while respecting its citizens, their personal liberty, their property rights, and their basic responsibility to provide for themselves and their families.
- Make decisions based on objective information, scientific data, and moral values.
Hold elected officials accountable to Chatham County residents
- Keep their election promises for a pro-job, pro-growth, pro-business County economy.
- Manage taxpayers’ dollars responsibly and with fiscal prudence.
- Execute governance that protects the freedom and independence of all constituents, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or creed.
Interested in more information?
Sign up for our Chair's newsletters. Send an email to [email protected]
Please consider donating time:
we have a list of volunteer positions at this website: https://forms.gle/ttmEchaMC89zdUFRA
Everyone in the Chatham GOP is a volunteer.
Please consider donating funds at this website: https://secure.winred.com/ccgop-ec60b911/ccgop
Questions? Comments? Send them to [email protected].
"The IRS does not allow contributions to the Chatham GOP to be deducted as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes."